What are some of the best money-saving tips for honeymooners?
- Book your honeymoon with a reputable travel agency that specializes in honeymoons.
- Airfares will play a big role in your total budget, plan ahead and try to use mileage or credit card points as payment for your airfare.
- Register your honeymoon with an online honeymoon registry for your bridal shower in lieu of the unwanted toaster.
- Do not travel over major holidays when prices are at their premium.
- Go all inclusive; by paying for everything up front, you will avoid overspending.
What are the biggest honeymoon money-wasters?
- Credit card transaction fees when traveling internationally. Use a travel card that waives these fees.
- Over packing, the airlines really surcharge for extra baggage weight.
- It depends on geography. The airlines will have a lot to do with this, depending on where you are located and the available airlift servicing a destination that offers all-inclusive resorts.
What should the relationship be between a couple's income and their honeymoon budget?
- I don’t think there is one answer for this. It really depends on their income, how much you save and what they can afford without going into debt. Planning ahead, booking early and with a travel agency that offers payment plans is an ideal solution.