Whether you want to go on an exotic honeymoon, take a peaceful getaway, or anything in between, there are plenty of honeymoon destinations to choose from. You will love the words 'no stress' when you plan your honeymoon with Honeymoons and Get-A-Ways. Your honeymoon should be perfect and we will help you create a honeymoon as romantic and memorable as possible. Our experts understand where to locate the most romantic honeymoon destinations. From Barolo in Italy to safaris in Africa to lying in the sun on a tropical island, you may select from a wide range of honeymoon destinations. Our goal is to make your honeymoon as romantic and unforgettable as possible. We wish to show you the whole world, from luxurious hotels and resorts to riads in Morocco.
Thinking about the perfect honeymoon destination is one of the most exciting things for any couple.
It’s not only a time to relax, but also a time to explore new things and find something that you both love. While there are so many options out there, it can be difficult to know where you want to go or what you should do when you get there. Whether you have your sights set on somewhere exotic, like Bali or Fiji, or somewhere more local like upstate New York or Northern California, planning your honeymoon can be daunting. There are a lot of details involved in booking a honeymoon, including finding the right location, making sure it’s affordable and making reservations at the right times and places. If you’re thinking about taking an extended vacation after your wedding day, read on for some helpful tips on how to plan the perfect honeymoon!
1.When should I start planning my honeymoon? The sooner the better. Planning ahead allows you time to budget accordingly and get necessary documents required should you be traveling to destination where you need a Passport or Visas and do not already have. This also enables you to secure the sought after accommodations that sell out the quickest.
2. Have an idea of your Geography. Yes, Seychelles, Maldives and Fiji are amazing honeymoon destinations, but not if you have only one week for your honeymoon. Picking an exotic location is ideal if you have enough travel time and don’t mind long flights. Some locations require over a day traveling time and some locations do not offer daily flights.
3. Know your budget. Airline fares play a significant role when planning your budget. If you are a frequent traveler, save your mileage and try to use your accumulated mile points. Many credit cards also offer airline mileage awards that may assist you as well.
4. When do you want to leave? If you are getting married on a Saturday, you may want to rethink traveling the next day, especially when traveling to the Caribbean as most flights leave in the morning. Also the month you get married in, may affect your destination choice due to Mother Nature.
5. What type of honeymoon are you looking for? Discuss with your fiancé exactly what is most important for you to experience while on your honeymoon: adventure, relaxation, touring, a little of everything? Communication is the key!
6. What kind of accommodations are you looking for? Unique and boutique, glamping? Or all inclusive? Adult only? Many resorts offer all-inclusive options, allowing you to know ahead of time exactly how much you are going to spend. Some resorts go one step further and include excursions or catamaran sailings with their all-inclusive package.
7. Does the hotel offer anything special because it is our honeymoon? Many resorts offer amazing honeymoon packages that can be purchased for a certain amount or are complimentary when booking a certain room category with minimum nights. The packages can include a romantic dinner on a beach, complimentary massages, and breakfast in bed, free anniversary stays and many more.
8. What kind of deposit do I need? When is final payment due? When do I need to pay? Most tour operators travel agents work with require a minimum deposit with final payment usually due 45 days prior to departure. Ask us about payment plans should you need one.
9. Do I need a Visa, do I need vaccinations? Some destinations do require Visas; your travel professional will be able to advise you of that requirement and assist in obtaining. Also many countries are now requiring passports valid 6 months after entering country. It is always best to consult your doctor whether vaccinations are suggested when traveling to an exotic destination.
10. I don’t need insurance, this is my honeymoon and I will never cancel. There are hundreds of circumstances that could cause you to cancel your trip, return home early or force you to seek emergency medical treatment while traveling. Travel Insurance provides protection for your travel investment in case an unfortunate situation arises.
Book a one-on-one consultation to talk about your exciting trip.
Review plans for the curation, design, budget and management of your trip.
We'll confirm dates and vendors, map out itineraries and check off any other to-dos before your trip. Time for an experience of a lifetime.